My Web Host is Hostwinds.Com.
In order to install CentOS 7 or 8, just follow the instructions below:
- CentOS Web Panel: How to install it on CentOS 7 or 8 Linux - Linux Shout
Apache doesn't start after selecting the Nginx-Varnish-Apache option:
1. After making the above selection, you need to rebuild Apache within CWP.
2. Go to WebServerSettings, Apache Re-Build.
3. At bottom of page select Next.
4. Select Start Compiler in background.
5. Wait 10 or 15 minutes.
My PHP selector/switcher is not working. How do I get PHP version 7.4/8.0?
You have to install PHP manually. Here is how to do that:
Install PHP 8 Latest version in CWP control panel - Mystery Data
Install PHP 7.4 on CWP Control Panel - Manual ... - Mystery Data
How to Install/build PHP 7.3 manually on CWP - Centos Web ...
How to Install/build PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2 manually on CWP – Centos Web Panel
If your firewall in CWP doesn't work then you may need to install Iptables. The following article explains how to do that. This is what I needed to get my firewall running:
Firewall Issues: How to Install Iptables on CentOS 7 (or 8) | Linuxize
Here is my solution:
yum install iptables
Once the firewall is working make sure you add your IP address to the firewall whitelist. Otherwise, you might get blocked permanently.
Why don't my websites work? Why isn't my mail working? These issues require setting up DNS records. I cover this in another article here.
When adding a new website you'll need to fix the user permissions:
Go to => User Accounts, Fix Permissions, Select User: Check all boxes.
Where is my website? When I added my second website I couldn't find it. I was handling the path incorrectly. On the Add Domain page:
Folder Path: /public_html
Add website to path => /public_html/mywebsite.com
You end up with this => /home/user_name/public_html/mywebsite.com
In order to suppress a firewall e-mail, you may want to install a text editor that is easy to use:
How to install text editor Micro: curl https://getmic.ro | bash
Excessive Resource Usage: RPC
I kept getting e-mails about "Excessive Resource Usage: RPC." In order to shut this off, I white-listed the following way:
1. In file: /etc/csf/csf.pignore.
2. Add: exe:/usr/bin/rpcbind [Get this from the system e-mail as seen below.]
3. Add the line to the bottom of csf.pignore.
ctrl-s = save
ctrl-q = quit
CWP install script (/scripts/install_Imagick) for PHP7.4 & Imagick 3.4.4 is below. For some reason I had to do each step manually. Note that the script below reflects my edits.
tar zxf imagick-3.4.4.tgz
// ln -s /usr/local/include/ImageMagick-6 /usr/local/include/ImageMagick
ln -s /usr/include/ImageMagick-6 /usr/local/include/ImageMagick
1. I have to remove the symbolic link:
2. Change directory of ImageMagick-6 based on its actual location.
3. Add "make install". This distributes everything to their appropriate directories.
4. php -v shows that ImageMagick and sodium are no longer issues.
pecl install libsodium
Driver Problem with Mautic install
yum install php-mysqli